Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Power of Now

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle is an awesome book. It really explains the concept of living in the now. It explains how we waste our lives living everywhere but the present. Living in the now is the key to real happiness. It is the missing piece. I can be happy now, because there is nothing about my present circumstances to be unhappy about.

How can this be? Do I care about the level of my bank account? Sure. Do I care about my health? Sure. How about the wars that are happening? Sure. But it is important to remember that my ability to do anything about these things is limited to what I am doing now. Worrying about things I have no control over and not doing anything about the things I do have control over is just crazy.

My ability to be present is the greatest gift I have to give to others. By being totally present I allow myself to be connected to others. It is that connection that we so desperately crave. This is why we are here. To find that what we thought was missing in our selves is not really missing at all. It was there the whole time.

No comments: